Sunday, February 1, 2009

Subject: things on my head

Just a little update to show off some new hats.

I totally jumped on the cabled tam bandwagon- they are currently my favorite thing to make.the obligatory facebookey image
can it be-- that i have something other than black in my wardrobe??

On another note- this was not made by me but just too full of crafty gorgeous not to post.
I commissioned Monique Ryan (she has hats at Pretty Things Boutique) to make a little 30's inspired hat to be worn in lieu of a wedding veil (is there anything that girl can't do??). I basically told her what I would like on it (veil in a specific shape, feathers, pearls) but had no idea what she would come up with. I was beyond pleased with the result!

The cute half-moon shape, the flashy pearls, the feathers radiating out of it, the subtle veil, the vintage-y look-- the more I look at it the more perfect it gets! Even the ladies at the bridal store agreed that it was 100% better than any of the cage veil styles they had seen. (the secret is real vintage lace- not the horrible stiff acrylic stuff)
The price was beyond reasonable- almost too cheap for something one-of-a-kind. I only needed to sew on a little hair comb ($0.50 at Michael's) and it was ready to wear.
And if you happen to be interested in THE dress, I put a deposit on that sucker a few days ago. Here is a preview. (DON'T show to Mr. Christopher!)

Tune in next time for: More hats.

4 comments:

Belle Ecrivaine said...

Oh, wow Dorothy! The dress looks absolutely stunning, and it'll go so well with that head piece.

La said...

You look gorgeous in that dress! Way fierce! And a fascinator instead of a veil makes me worship you... when I get married I may follow suite.

Dot said...

I had no idea they were called fascinators. that sounds... naughty!

La said...

Fascinators rule hard. I have a peacock feather one I love.